Jane Stewart Senior carbon data analyst
Areas of expertise
- Oil, gas and power sectors
- CIA / CRIS methodologies
- Energy auditing, energy efficiency and renewable energy studies
- Low carbon investment strategy
- Economic analysis of environmental policies
- Ecological research, monitoring, and assessment
- Master’s Degree, Sustainable Development, Environmental & Energy Economics, AgroParisTech
- BS, Environmental Sciences and Environmental Management, Magna Cum Laude, Northern Arizona University
Jane is a senior carbon data analyst. At Carbon4 Finance, Jane specializes in the application of the Carbon Impact Analytics (CIA) methodology to investment portfolios and is responsable for ensuring the quality of the CIA database. Jane has quantified induced and avoided emissions of over 100 listed companies across the globe, in addition to conducting forward-looking assessments, Jane contributed to the development of the Carbon Risk & Impact Screening (CRIS) methodology to measure portfolio exposure to physical climate change risks. She has prepared strategic recommendations for asset managers, pension funds, and other institutional investors.
Jane’s interest in mobilizing financial flows for the low-carbon transition dates back to her successful effort to institute a Green Fund at Northern Arizona University. She later developed her financial knowledge as an intern in the Carbon Markets Bureau of the French Ministry of Environment and as an energy and climate risk impact analyst with Beyond Ratings.